Full course description
NETEC COVID-19 Webinar Series
COVID-19: Environmental Cleaning and Infection Prevention
Release Date: 8/14/2020
The estimated time to complete this enduring material is 60 minutes.
This enduring material is intended primarily for healthcare workers and teams which may include but are not limited to, medical and nursing staff, administration, education/training leadership, and infection control leadership. Staff specializing in emergency management, communications, specialized clinical areas, laboratory, facilities management and environmental services are also welcome.
At the conclusion of this enduring material, the participant should be better able to:
- Outline environmental cleaning and disinfectant procedures for frequent high touch areas and devices such as face shields, stethoscopes and other equipment.
- Discuss characteristics of COVID-19 including principles of transmission and precautions to take when working with soiled linens, bodily fluid spills, and other potential infectious modes of transmission.
FACULTY AND PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURES
The following faculty** and planning committee members have no financial relationships to disclose.
- Sarah Anderson-Fiore, MPH, CHES
- Sonia Bell, BS
- Heidi Keeler, PhD, RN
- Kari Love, MS, RN, CIC, FAPIC**
- Benjamin Mattson, MS Ed
- Jason Noble, BA, BFA
- Renee Paulin, MSN, RN, CWOCN
- Brenda Ram, CMP, CHCP
- Michelle Schwedhelm, MSN, RN, NEA-BC
- Kate Tyner, BSN, RN, CIC**
- Sharon Vanairsdale, DNP, APRN, ACNS-BC, NP-C, CEN. FAEN, FAAN**
- Sami Vasistha, MS
The following conference faculty members have disclosed the following relationships:
Teresa Micheels, MSN, RN, CIC, FAPIC**
Speakers Bureau, faculty, Peer Reviewer: Becton Dickinson and Company
This program is funded by ASPR & CDC