Full course description
NETEC COVID-19 Webinar Series
Use of HICS for COVID-19 Preparedness, Mitigation & Response
Release Date: 8/1/2020
The estimated time to complete this enduring material is 60 minutes.
This enduring material is intended primarily for healthcare workers and teams which may include but are not limited to, medical and nursing staff, administration, education/training leadership, and infection control leadership. Staff specializing in emergency management, communications, specialized clinical areas, laboratory, facilities management and environmental services are also welcome.
At the conclusion of this enduring material, the participant should be better able to:
- Describe best practices used to help with the COVID-19 operational response planning process relating to the different phases of the timeline involving preparedness, containment, mitigation, and response.
- Identify innovative approaches to tracking and mapping COVID-19 cases and needed resources with the use of data sharing, dashboards, planning and modeling tools, and novel workforce strategies.
- Discuss how the Incident Command System (ICS) model facilitates informed decisions to effectively plan and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
FACULTY AND PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURES
The following faculty** and planning committee members have no financial relationships to disclose.
- Sarah Anderson-Fiore, MPH, CHES
- Sonia Bell, BS
- Brian Fox, MBA, PMP**
- Heidi Keeler, PhD, RN
- Syra Madad, DHSc, MSc, MCP**
- Benjamin Mattson, MS Ed
- Jason Noble, BA, BFA
- Sharon Pappas, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN**
- Renee Paulin, MSN, RN, CWOCN
- Brenda Ram, CMP, CHCP
- Michelle Schwedhelm, MSN, RN, NEA-BC**
- Dawn Straub, MSN, RN, NEA-BC**
- Madeline Tavarez, MPA**
- Sharon Vanairsdale, DNP, APRN, ACNS-BC, NP-C, CEN. FAEN, FAAN**
- Sami Vasistha, MS
This program is funded by ASPR & CDC