Full course description
NETEC COVID-19 Webinar Series
Community Health Considerations: Infection Prevention
Release Date: 11/05/2020
The estimated time to complete this enduring material is 60 minutes.
This enduring material is intended primarily for healthcare workers and teams which may include but are not limited to, medical and nursing staff, administration, education/training leadership, and infection control leadership. Staff specializing in emergency management, communications, specialized clinical areas, laboratory, facilities management and environmental services are also welcome.
At the conclusion of this webinar, the participant should be better able to:
- Discuss the initiative of rapid preparedness for SARS-CoV-2 as derived from a community health agency with over 100 years of experience battling infectious outbreaks.
- Identify the importance of a strong partnership with Infectious Disease providers in the development of effective Infection Control practices for healthcare workers who provide care in community settings.
- Apply basic fundamental infection control/prevention practices in the home and community settings.
- Describe policies and procedures necessary to help prevent transmission of COVID-19 amongst health care workers and patients.
FACULTY AND PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURES
The following faculty** and planning committee members have no financial relationships to disclose.
- Sarah Anderson-Fiore, MPH, CHES
- Sonia Bell, BS
- Kate Boulter, RN, BAN, MPH**
- Amanda Holst, MS, CCC-SLP**
- Heidi Keeler, PhD, RN
- Allison Klajbor, BS
- Kelly Macklin, BSN, RN**
- Benjamin Mattson, MS Ed
- Jason Noble, BA, BFA
- Renee Paulin, MSN, RN, CWOCN
- Brenda Ram, CMP, CHCP
- Judy Riggert, MS, RN**
- Michelle Schwedhelm, MSN, RN, NEA-BC
- Patricia Tennill, BSN, RN
- Sharon Vanairsdale, DNP, APRN, ACNS-BC, NP-C, CEN. FAEN, FAAN
- Sami Vasistha, MS
This program is funded by ASPR & CDC