Tackling the COVID-19 Storm Through the Lens of Long Term Care Facilities
Full course description
NETEC COVID-19 Webinar Series
Tackling the COVID 19 Storm Through the Lens of Long Term Care Facilities
Release Date: 8/28/2020
The estimated time to complete this enduring material is 60 minutes.
This enduring material is intended primarily for healthcare workers and teams which may include but are not limited to, medical and nursing staff, administration, education/training leadership, and infection control leadership. Staff specializing in emergency management, communications, specialized clinical areas, laboratory, facilities management and environmental services are also welcome.
At the conclusion of this enduring material, the participant should be better able to:
- Describe the role of local and state public health in the identification, prevention, and control of COVID-19 in Long Term Care Facilities.
- Discuss different policies and processes taken at Long Term Care Facilities caring for COVID-19 positive residents based on case-based experiences.
- Describe mitigation strategies involved to promptly identify and isolate residents with possible COVID-19 utilizing appropriate infection prevention practices.
FACULTY AND PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURES
The following faculty** and planning committee members have no financial relationships to disclose.
- Sarah Anderson-Fiore, MPH, CHES
- Sonia Bell, BS
- Kate Boulter, MPH, RN, BAN**
- Claire Brostrom-Smith, MSN, RN, CIC**
- Ted Cieslak, MD, MPH, FAAP, FIDSA**
- Heidi Keeler, PhD, RN
- Benjamin Mattson, MS Ed
- Tawny McWilliams, BS**
- Patricia Montgomery, MPH, RN, CIC**
- Jason Noble, BA, BFA
- Renee Paulin, MSN, RN, CWOCN
- Sara Podczervinski, MPH, RN, CIC, FAPIC**
- Brenda Ram, CMP, CHCP
- Michelle Schwedhelm, MSN, RN, NEA-BC
- Carly Snider, LPN**
- Patricia Tennill, BSN, RN**
- Sharon Vanairsdale, DNP, APRN, ACNS-BC, NP-C, CEN. FAEN, FAAN
- Sami Vasistha, MS
The following faculty member has disclosed the following relationships:
James Lewis, MD, MPH**
Consultant: PWN Health
This program is funded by ASPR & CDC