Full course description
NETEC COVID-19 Webinar Series
Identifying Hazards and Mitigating Risks for Long Term Care Facilities
Release Date: 8/28/2020
The estimated time to complete this enduring material is 60 minutes.
This enduring material is intended primarily for healthcare workers and teams which may include but are not limited to, medical and nursing staff, administration, education/training leadership, and infection control leadership. Staff specializing in emergency management, communications, specialized clinical areas, laboratory, facilities management and environmental services are also welcome.
At the conclusion of this enduring material, the participant should be better able to
- Discuss the risks for COVID-19 in long term care to appropriately identify, isolate, and inform.
- Describe the challenges encountered in long term care while keeping up to date with regulations and CDC guidelines.
- Suggest strategies based on best practices to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 for residents and staff.
FACULTY AND PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURES
The following faculty** and planning committee members have no financial relationships to disclose.
- Sarah Anderson-Fiore, MPH, CHES
- Sonia Bell, BS
- Kate Boulter, MPH, RN, BAN**
- Heidi Keeler, PhD, RN
- Benjamin Mattson, MS Ed
- Jill Morgan, BSN, RN**
- Jason Noble, BA, BFA
- Renee Paulin, MSN, RN, CWOCN
- Brenda Ram, CMP, CHCP
- Michelle Schwedhelm, MSN, RN, NEA-BC**
- Patricia Tennill, BSN, RN**
- Sharon Vanairsdale, DNP, APRN, ACNS-BC, NP-C, CEN. FAEN, FAAN
- Sami Vasistha, MS
This program is funded by ASPR & CDC