Full course description
NETEC COVID-19 Webinar Series
Surgical Cases and Considerations for COVID-19 Patients, Part 1
Release Date: 8/28/2020
The estimated time to complete this enduring material is 60 minutes.
This enduring material is intended primarily for healthcare workers and teams which may include but are not limited to, medical and nursing staff, administration, education/training leadership, and infection control leadership. Staff specializing in emergency management, communications, specialized clinical areas, laboratory, facilities management and environmental services are also welcome.
At the conclusion of this enduring material, the participant should be better able to:
- Implement testing strategies for pre-operative patients.
- Discuss the setup and pre-briefing process for surgeries during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Describe different approaches to overcoming virus transmission with the use of appropriate PPE for infection control as derived from COVID-19 cases from the University of Nebraska Medical Center and Emory University.
- Identify engineering controls to address risks for infection in the perioperative settings.
FACULTY AND PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURES
The following faculty** and planning committee members have no financial relationships to disclose.
- Sarah Anderson-Fiore, MPH, CHES
- Sonia Bell, BS
- Ted Cieslak, MD, MPH, FAAP, FIDSA**
- Jeremy Collins, MB, ChB, FRCA**
- Heidi Keeler, PhD, RN
- Benjamin Mattson, MS Ed
- Jason Noble, BA, BFA
- Renee Paulin, MSN, RN, CWOCN
- Brenda Ram, CMP, CHCP
- Tom Schulte, MD**
- Michelle Schwedhelm, MSN, RN, NEA-BC
- James Sullivan, MD**
- Sharon Vanairsdale, DNP, APRN, ACNS-BC, NP-C, CEN. FAEN, FAAN
- Sami Vasistha, MS
The following faculty member has disclosed the following relationships:
Matthew Klopman, MD, FASA, FASE**
Advisory Board: Verathon Medical
Industry funded research/investigator: GE
This program is funded by ASPR & CDC