Full course description
NETEC COVID-19 Webinar Series
Surgical Cases and Considerations for COVID-19 Patients, Part 2
Release Date: 8/28/2020
The estimated time to complete this enduring material is 60 minutes.
This enduring material is intended primarily for healthcare workers and teams which may include but are not limited to, medical and nursing staff, administration, education/training leadership, and infection control leadership. Staff specializing in emergency management, communications, specialized clinical areas, laboratory, facilities management and environmental services are also welcome.
At the conclusion of this enduring material, the participant should be better able to
- Discuss what precautions are necessary prior to elective surgeries such as undergoing RTPCR and obtaining clearance from an Infectious Disease Specialist.
- Describe operational strategies for perioperative processes for preventing COVID transmission such as screening anesthesia risk level, room setup, and other approaches when caring for those with COVID.
- Explain how to manage the OR setting using IP measures for appropriate air pressure during or after intubation and extubation.
FACULTY AND PLANNING COMMITTEE DISCLOSURES
The following faculty** and planning committee members have no financial relationships to disclose.
- Sarah Anderson-Fiore, MPH, CHES
- Sonia Bell, BS
- Ted Cieslak, MD, MPH, FAAP, FIDSA**
- Jeremy Collins, MB, ChB, FRCA**
- Heidi Keeler, PhD, RN
- Benjamin Mattson, MS Ed
- Jason Noble, BA, BFA
- Renee Paulin, MSN, RN, CWOCN
- Brenda Ram, CMP, CHCP
- Tom Schulte, MD**
- Michelle Schwedhelm, MSN, RN, NEA-BC
- James Sullivan, MD**
- Sharon Vanairsdale, DNP, APRN, ACNS-BC, NP-C, CEN. FAEN, FAAN
- Sami Vasistha, MS
The following faculty member has disclosed the following relationships:
Matthew Klopman, MD, FASA, FASE**
Advisory Board: Verathon Medical
Industry funded research/investigator: GE
This program is funded by ASPR & CDC