Full course description
NETEC Webinar Series Presentation
Lab Samples and Suspect Cases: How to Handle, Package, and Ship Specimens from High-risk Patients
Release Date: 12/13/2022
The estimated time to complete this enduring material is 60 minutes.
This accredited continuing education activity is intended primarily for healthcare workers and teams which may include but are not limited to, medical and nursing staff, administration, education/training leadership, and infection control leadership. Staff specializing in emergency management, communications, specialized clinical areas, laboratory, facilities management and environmental services are also welcome.
At the conclusion of this enduring material, the participant should be better able to:
- Define the term PUI (persons under investigation)
- Describe how to classify PUI specimens for shipping purposes
- Describe key considerations of a frontline facility’s shipping plan and transport options for PUI specimens
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION
In order to receive continuing education credit, you must complete these steps prior to the activity expiration date.
- View the entire presentation
- Complete the post-test with a score of 2 out of 3 or better
- Complete the online evaluation
- Submit the Completion Attestation
ACCREDITED CONTINUING EDUCATION