Full course description
NETEC COVID-19 Webinar Series
Lessons Learned in Navigating Simultaneous Disaster Response Scenarios
The estimated time to complete this enduring material is 60 minutes.
This enduring material is intended primarily for healthcare workers and teams which may include but are not limited to, medical and nursing staff, administration, education/training leadership, and infection control leadership. Staff specializing in emergency management, communications, specialized clinical areas, laboratory, facilities management and environmental services are also welcome.
At the conclusion of this enduring material, the participant should be better able to:
- Describe how the Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) structure can be utilized for managing a “dual” response as derived from case-based scenarios involving COVID-19 and Wildfire/Hurricane emergency situations.
- Identify key considerations in preparation for natural disasters during a pandemic including PPE, alternative care sites, and evacuation.
- Articulate the distinct roles of the team when navigating natural disasters during a pandemic.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION
In order to receive continuing education credit, you must complete these steps prior to the activity expiration date.
- View the entire presentation
- Complete the post-test with a score of 2 out of 3 or better
- Complete the online evaluation
- Submit the Completion Attestation